- Have a vision.
- Are prepared.
- Reduce risk.
- Know their role.
LET US HELP YOU TO BE SUCCESSFUL!
- We have been involved with boards for over 25 years and have been on both sides of the fence – as board members and as senior staff.
- We provide boards with clarity on their job in relation to the job of staff.
- We ensure board members clearly understand what they need to do, when and how.
- We help minimize board and organizational risk through information about the realities of board governance!
- Board member involvement increases.
- Board meetings are meaningful and focused with time spent on critical topic areas.
- The board and executive director work in partnership because they understand their roles and relationship to one another.
- The board assumes responsibility for its governance role.
- Board members are more confident in decision-making.
Course Outline - Creating a Great Board of Directors
- 10 Things A Great Board Always Does
- 10 Things A Great Executive Director Always Does
- Three Types Of Boards
- Board And Executive Director Roles
- Creating A Code Of Conduct For The Board & Senior Staff
- Creating Conflict Of Interest Policies
- Creating A Board Manual
- Board Liability
- Board Recruitment And The Nominating Committee
- Executive Director Performance Appraisal
- Disciplinary Action Of The Executive Director
- Committee Terms Of Reference
- Board Involvement In Decision-Making
- Indicators Of An Effective Board-Executive Director Relationship
- Strategic Planning
- 20 Things Every Board Member MUST Know About His/Her Organization
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Imagine Canada – Sector Source http://sectorsource.ca/imagine-canada
- Charity Village https://charityvillage.com/
- The Centre for Nonprofit Resources http://www.c4npr.org/#
- HR Council http://hrcouncil.ca/home.cfm
- SilverCreek Press http://www.silvercreekpress.ca/
- CapacityCanada https://capacitycanada.ca/
“Karin Naslund from the Naslund Consulting Group Inc. was excellent to work with, and provided exactly what we needed. The training for our Board of Directors on their role and responsibilities as well as facilitating goal setting and the development of a strategic plan was clear, concise, and thorough. I would strongly recommend NCG for any future board training that you may be contemplating.”
– Wes Baerg, Executive Director, Beaver Emergency Medical Services
“We, at Ability Development Services, have used the Naslund Consulting Group Inc. many times, especially for supervision training and strategic planning. We were extremely pleased with the outcome and highly recommend this company to anyone.”
– George Zaychkowsky, CEO, Ability Development Services
“Karin’s strong leadership, let the Community Advisory Board on Homelessness through a clear process to develop a vision, mission and strategic plan that we can be proud of. Thank you Karin for facilitating two days, of fun, hard work, and great results!”
– Katherine Sheppard, Homeless Initiatives Supervisor, Community Social Development, City of Grande Prairie